OMG…the 90’s trends are making a major comeback! And we are excited because we get to channel Ruby Rose! She’s only the most trending celeb right now – she’s a DJ/Model/Actor (remember Stella Carlin from Orange is the New Black?). We’ve got a major girl-crush on her and we are not even ashamed of it. So here’s how we plan on channeling her kick-ass style. Of-course we’d start with the hair…duh! That’s such a signature look of hers…and sooooooooooo badass!
We came up with the 5 must-haves to incorporate her edgy style in your wardrobe and to nail the 90’s grunge look.
- Washed and distressed denims – They defined the 90’s and Ruby Rose is definitely bringing them back! Think denims that are torn to the point of destruction and would make your grandma wanna stitch them up or throw them away.
- What better way to channel the laid-back feel of that era than with tartan shirts, or with anything in bold checks, just like our girl crush! Get yourself a shirt like the ones Ruby loves and work them with your skinny (preferably distressed) denims for more savoir faire.
- Leather, leather and lotsa leather! And no can pull off this badass look better than Ms. Badass herself! Think biker jacket with lots of hardcore zip or stud detailing.
- Crop tops were a staple 90’s look and our idol definitely makes them work in her favour…with a figure like that, though, she’d look good even in a sack. Get yourself a quirky message crop top and team it with a bold jacket for major fashion points.
P.S.: If you are not comfortable with showing off too much skin, just tie-up the hem of your tee like Ms. Rose.
- Lotsa jewellery! The more the better….check out RR’s punk-rock style to see what we mean! She uses jewellery in the most subtle yet dramatic way to channel her rockstar personality. Get your hands on a few statement rings and ear-cuffs to begin your journey down the punk path!
Bonus point: Go dramatic with your eye makeup…line them in thick black kohl (the darker the better) and contour your eyebrows to perfect the art of Ruby Rose-style dressing!