It’s V-day and you got no boo. But that don’t mean you gotta sit and cry right. We are after all in the 21st century and if you are an independent woman, you know girl that you don’t need a man to make you feel complete!
Disclaimer: We got nothing against you if you were lucky to find your soulmate!
To combat all those pitiful looks we’re sure to get, we’ve put-together a list of all the things you could do to beat the blues (or reds) of Valentine’s day alone-ness!
- Get your girls and throw a PJ party, complete with pillow-fights and make-over sessions!
- Rent a movie or Netflix and chill with your bestie. Popcorns and ice-cream tubs complete the picture.
- Go on a road trip with your friends or alone…it’s the perfect weekend to get away from all the drama!
- Go out pubbing or clubbing, whatever suits your fancy and snag that cutie you see across the bar – just make sure he ain’t got no lady by his side! We definitely don’t wanna be the side-chick!
- Treat yourself to some retail therapy. Nothing beats shopping at the end of the day. Plus, shopping releases the same kinda happy endorphins that being in love does!
- Throw a fancy party at home. Invite all your single or not-single friends over and have an amazing V-day bash! Look up some easy-to-do cocktail recipes to make your parties memorable.
On a side note: You could ask your couple friends to get a single hottie with them for all your single friends! You never know, you might just hit it off with one of them!
- Go watch “How to be Single” with your bestie. After all, we could all do with some funny tips from Rebel Wilson on how to navigate through singlehood.
- If you are the fuss-free, no-nonsense types, you could always catch up on some work. After all, not all of us need to get sucked into this big conspiracy by corporates to sell the idea of love, at hiked-up prices, on a particular day of the year.
- Treat yourself to a day in the spa. V-day falls on a Sunday this year, and what better way to love yourself than to pamper yourself with some massages and facials, that will leave you relaxed and looking beautiful.
- Catch up on all the TV series you have been missing out on due to various reasons.
We are all set with our amazing outfits and popcorn tubs for V-day. We still haven’t made up our minds about whether to go out or stay in. We’ll definitely let you know what we end up doing come 14th Feb. In the meantime, let us know what you think of the list, and tell us which of these are you gonna be doing on that particular day!